Tonight, we'll dance like we're in love
News: So I wasn't hired for the Saddle Creek internship. Say wha? I know, it sucks, but ... it is in Omaha. Omaha's for losers anyway and I am so over that whole scene.
Ahem, denial.
Anyway, I called another place that I sent a resume to, and they were comme-ci, comme ca with the whole affair.
"Did you try sending in a follow-up e-mail?" the girl I was talking to asked.
"Um, no." I said.
"Yeah, do that and I'll talk to the girl who checks the e-mail and I'll tell her to follow through."
There were busy office noises in the background. I so very much would like to work there. I'd like to work anywhere.
Starting to wonder if getting a job is like getting a boyfriend. You get one when you least expect it. So maybe I'll quit hoping for work and just start drinking limonada and basking in this early April sun.
Actually, this is the first time I've been out to bask in the early April sun (and the limonada is more like equal parts water and orange juice.) The past seven days have been spent indoors with the boyfriend. (By the way, he wants you to know he has a name and it's Jorge.) Tonight I'm going to see him after not seeing him for, what, three hours, and it'll be like we hadn't seen each other in three days.
Sort of feel like that one song that goes "Blue days, all of them gone ... nothing but blue skies from now on."
No comments:
Post a Comment