Bless you American consumerism
Many things can be found at a local store of mine. I'm sure you have one of these stores in your town as well, but I've only discovered its wonderfulness as of late. It not only fulfills medical needs, it helps restore your natural hair color, moisturize your skin, woo a loved one and furnish your home and body ... sometimes for low, unbelievable prices like 2 dollars for a nice bottle of shampoo. I discovered that they also sell DVDs (not full screen) and had a double pack of About a Boy and Notting Hill for twenty dollars. You can't beat that shit with a stick.
Recently, I purchased a computer desk and chair set (like, it all came compressed like a magical bean in a box) for fifty bucks. Now I know what you're thinking. Trish, did you just say a computer desk and chair for fifty bucks?. That's right. Even though my computer is worth less than its actual desk and chair, it at least has something to look worthwhile and efficient on.
I've always been a fan of cheap things (though don't get me wrong; I'd go to Anthropologie over Target any day), and the fact that I can fill my prescription and pick up the latest copy of Jane at the local Rite Aid, well, that just warms my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment