Saturday

THE EARLY WORM GIVES THE BIRD

Let's talk about why I'm up early on a Saturday morning.
I actually like being up early on Saturday mornings - but only under the right circumstances. Sunny day - check. Fitful sleep after some mild drinking - check. Stuff to do, things to buy - check.
I found out on Thursday that Hives were playing in Cleveland. Unfortunately, the show was yesterday, and unfortunately, it was sold out. Elvis Costello is making his way round here on the 11th...shoot, that's Tuesday. Better get my ass crackin' if I want to see him.
So I don't know if anyone else is aware of it, but apparently there was a hostage killed in the Philippines, a missionary and his wife (but she was rescued). I hope that people know well enough that the country isn't entirely comprised of coconut-lovin' terrorists, that in fact, the country is outrageously Catholic and the Filipinos who have been taking in hostages are militant extremists or extreme militants. I could delve into a whole shpiel about this, but it's too damn early and I still need to take a shower.

No comments: