Thursday

The best way

There are at least fifty people camped outside Shriver Center for Dave Matthews tickets. Even though I wouldn't freeze my ass off, sleep on the cold, unrelenting ground, and miss classes (...wait...), it still seems like a fun, social thing to do. I'm trying to imagine the friendly, easy-going banter that must be going from tent to tent. Plus, body heat is always the best way to warm up. Or so I've heard.

This made me think of the bands whom I would camp out to see. In no particular order, I've narrowed them down to Radiohead and Supergrass. When I think of more, I'll surreptitiously put them in there. I have never seen a Radiohead show because when they played in Ohio a few years back, I was summering in L.A. (haha, didn't that sound delightfully frou-frou), and vice-versa. I've never seen Supergrass live because, well, I really don't remember when they've ever been around my neck of the woods. Plus, back then, I would be hard-pressed to find someone to go with me. Most of my friends in high school were very much into mainstream music. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I do admit that my enthusiasm for the latest Duncan Sheik single was dutifully feigned.

Come to think of it, I usually don't even pay for concert tickets anymore. Thanks to my Highly Evolved Social Skills (i.e. e-mail), I've always managed to get under the good graces of labels and publicists, sometimes even with the band members, leading to the coveted Holy Grail of music aesthetes (the Guest List). Ah, I love my job.

No comments: