Friday

I thought I'd give this blogging thing another heave-ho and a what-not since it's I don't know, late, and I can't sleep anyway because I'm all congested and on some mad-crazy antibiotical drugs. Like yesterday I had a fever of 102.2 degrees and I had my sister put a wet washcloth on my face and after two minutes or so, the washcloth was hot. But don't worry, I'm the road to recovery. I just sound really gross, like I've got mucho ucky phlegm in my lungs or something. Oh wait.

Since I'm up anyway, I decided to check on the ol' Friendster and I've just discovered my cousin whom I haven't seen in a decade and no joke, I almost cried. It was like discovering my, er, long-lost cousin...who has 89 more Friends than me. But he's friends with a freaking hamburger? Wha?

Speaking of cousins, I have the hots for one of them. OK, backtrack.
On the eve of Christmas, I was at a get-together in Mission Hills, California. Which you would believe to be sunny and balmy-weather-like, being in California, but no, it was all cloudy and windy and rainy! Anyway. I'm sitting outside by the pool (of course) and stuffing my face with some good old Filipino food, when in walks this totally cute nerdy-type boy. It had been long since I had seen a cute nerdy-type boy (you would believe there would be some, it being California, but no, they were all punky and Puma jumpsuit-like. Ew!) so I was all like, excited. I was thinking you know, maybe we could exchange IM screennames or we could Friendster each other, and then slowly and surely, I would woo him with my witty and charming ways -- online!

Yeah but my hopes of having 100% Filipino babies were dashed when my mother leans over and says, "Oh! There's your Aunt from San Jose with her kids," pointing of course to the cute nerdy-type boy. At which point I wanted to keel over and pitch myself into the 40-degree chlorinated water. But I didn't because I was wearing my new leather boots (60% off regular price, from DSW or some shit. I heart DSW!)

Still, I was sort of hoping, hey, maybe my mother meant "Aunt" in the crazy Filipino way, you know, like everyone's an aunt or an uncle (I thought that I had 12 Uncles when I was younger, then I realized that it was a polite term and my dad just had a lot of drinking buddies). But no, cute nerdy-type boy is related to me, his father being my dad's cousin.

If there ever was a moral I learned, it's this: Beware of attraction to cute Asian strangers. You might actually be related to them. I love living the stereotype!

Now enough about boys, let's talk about meat. What about all this crazy Mad Cow shit stewing up again? This does not bode well because I ate like 8 In-n-Out burgers a day. Well, not really, but it felt like it. Mmm... In-n-Out. Sweet, succulent, moist and juicy beef...argggghhh... yes, so I totally pigged out while on vacation, but to my credit, I only had ONE Krispy Kreme donut the entire time. ONE!

If I believed in New Year's Resolutions at all, my list would be: make better use of my Holga, think less and say more, stay away from alcoholics, workaholics, megalomaniacs, fuckwits (in manner of Bridget Jones) and most importantly, drink less beer and more wine.

And stop talking total nonsense to strangers. In fact, stop talking, full-stop.

No comments: