Monday

Does Anybody Really Know What Time it Is?

What's more disconcerting than finding out Chicago has 39 Hits?
-- Knowing 20 of them by heart.

Who's more annoying than Carrot Top?
-- Kelly fuckin' Ripa.

It's funny that Kimber was talking about high school reunions; I just got done watching Romy and Michele's High School Reunion. Mira Sorvino has the funniest accent in it. Makes me wonder if I have one. I know people mean it more as a compliment than anything, but it still feels iffy when I'm told that I don't "have an accent". Why can't there be more seventh-graders running around asking, "No, where are you really from?" when you tell them "Scandinavia" just for kicks? Although when I went all out on St. Patty's Day that same year, drawing a four-leaf clover with a green marker on my cheek like my friend Lori, nobody said anything. Assimilation, it's such a double-edged sword.

I'm really not as all stirred up about this subject as I appear to be. I just wanted an excuse to write about Chicago and use one of their song titles as a subject line -- huzzah!


P.S. I have a taste ... a taste for ... men who look like Kenny Rogers!! Hahhh!

No comments: