Much about music and Margaret Cho
This week's actual Friday Five is too depressing (it's about cars, just a reminder that I, in fact, DO NOT HAVE ONE), so I scrounged through the archys and found this one instead:
1. If you could eat dinner with and "get to know" one famous person (living or dead), who would you choose?
Madonna.
And I like how "get to know" is in quotation marks, like it really means "awwoogah, hubba hubba, arf arf, awooooo" and then a video reel of a spaceship taking off, fireworks and a bee in a flower ensues... yeah... genius. Oh, and just to clear things up, this does not mean, then, that I want to sleep with Madonna. Though that would probably be in my Top Ten Most Moving Moments of My Life, I do have morals, people.
2. Has the death of a famous person ever had an effect on you? Who was it and how did you feel?
I believe it was the deaths of Tupac and Biggy that had the most impact on me. Sadly, after that, I had to quit my gang-banging ways because I had no music to drive me, no tunes to entice the men whilst I cruise the streets in my ride. Good part about that is I've been clean for about four years. I've been trying to get my brother off the streets, but that jigga too deep in it now.
3. If you could BE a famous person for 24 hours, who would you choose?
Ok if there would be a me that would still exist, then I would be Alex Greenwald so I can make out with myself...wait a minute, no, to have him make out with me ... to make him make out with myself ... does this make sense? I don't actually want to make out with myself, I just want to do AG. Like that'll ever happen because (A) he's "famous" (B) he's a rockstar. Guess I'll have to sell my soul and be a groupie now. Or, I can just be Alex Greenwald -- it's almost too easy...
4. Do people ever tell you that you look like someone famous? Who?
Some shmuck actually said "You look like that funny girl...Margaret Cho!"
While I enjoy Ms. Cho's exacerbating humor, I am not (1) Korean, therefore I so do not look anything like her, nor do I find her (2) Attractive (hey, truth hurts). So basically this was just a kick in my face that was disguised as a compliment. Thanks a lot, ya putz.
Also, I get "You could be Pocahontas for Halloween!" a lot.
5. Have you ever met anyone famous?
No but if Keri Russell is reading this, give a sista a call. I think we're destined to be, like, best friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment