Sunday

I'M GOING TO SIT HERE AND PRACTICE MY MOAN.

Some good things about being sick:

* sleeping until 1PM and not feeling like a bum
* eating chocolate all day because, hey, it's the closest thing at hand
* watching bad 80s movies like Problem Child
* that scratchy I-just-coughed-up-some-bronchioles voice? tres sexy
* shooting up ... with nasal spray
* having crazy dreams about Hannibal Lecter and flying shoes (ok, that one, not so much)
* the 24-hour I-just-ran-5-miles natural blush that a fever provides
* getting cough-drop breath so that teeth-brushing is a thing of the past
* feeling like it's okay to bitch about being sick to anyone who'd listen (or has ears)


Despite my sad state, one would believe that I spent the entire weekend in bed, listening to the Culture Club and reading Nancy Drews, right? Wrong. Not once did I subject my nasty germs to the good people on this campus, but twice did I venture out and exhaled on someone's drink. But that's okay. Had I not left the comforts of my bed, I would not have heard what some kid had to tell me on Friday night:


extremely trashed person: HEY! AREN'T YOU THAT HOT CHICK FROM MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 2?!
person standing next to me: Yeah she is, and she's right in front of you.
e.t.p: OH MY GOD! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? SHOULDN'T YOU BE IN HOLLYWOOD?
me: (convulsing with laughter.)


While I was somewhat flattered, there are two key things to remember here:

1.) the person was extremely trashed
2.) Thandie Newton and I are twins in the way that George Bush and Harrison Ford are


In keeping with my optimistic vein, at least I didn't get a "HEY, YOU LOOK LIKE THAT FUNNY CHICK ... MARGARET CHO!".

No comments: