Hey Monica,
I've lost interest in my own paper. Sometime after the word "the," I couldn't remember what I was writing about. It is interesting stuff but I literally have to pour the Stix on the back of my tongue just so I could blink. Also someone needs to do something about the goddamn lights around here. Makes me look "pasty" and makes my eyes feel like they're buzzing (haha, that reminds me of Erin from last year's Ghetto Fest... I'll have to tell you about that later).
Today I overheard this conversation between two girls:
"I gave my mom an ultimatum: three packages a year, because she never sends me any!"
"Oh, I know, I had to call mine up to remind her it was my birthday next week and she should send me something."
"Yeah, so get this. Now she's sending me one for my birthday, Christmas and Easter."
"As she should!"
"That's ridiculous how I have to tell her though. I mean, it's not like she has anything else to do."
... and need I add the clincher? These girls were my age. Twentysomething college students WHO STILL WEAR DIAPERS BECAUSE THEY'RE FREAKING BABIES.
People like these seriously make me want to bring a tape recorder with me everywhere, just so I could remind myself, "Ah yes. Here is when I lost my faith in humanity."
That was today.
Love,
Manay
No comments:
Post a Comment