Monday

If you haven't taken note, all I've ever wanted is for someone to dedicate this song to me: "Always" by Atlantic Starr. That's right. It's that cheesy '80s song that has the line "and forever, it will be you and me (hey)."

What's the point of that (ultra-embarassing) revelation? A girl can dream. I can dream. I've always wanted to have the Holga, cheap and crappy as it is, so I let my money accumulate in the bank (what a concept! saving money!), and bought one. It arrived a month ago, and I felt like a kid all over again.

And I've always wanted a soulmate. This weekend, I realized that they were right under my nose.

That's right, I have more than one.

For those of you who don't know, I'm going through rough times. I'm having health problems, school problems, this list can go on and on. Right on top of that, I found out two weeks ago that my aunt (who has been battling breast cancer), was in the hospital, and the doctors weren't hopeful. She passed away last week. I wish I could put more emotion behind these words because they sound so stilted and flat to me.

Anyway, I've been going home a lot because I don't know how else to deal with all of this. I've been so overwhelmed, so stressed out, blah blah, and this weekend, as I was driving down the highway, the clouds cleared away, the sun came out, just as Coldplay's "Daylight" came on. Like a scene out of a movie. The rest of the weekend was just like that; my family and I made like the Partridges and sang "Borderline" and "Dancing Queen" thanks to our brand new karaoke. If singing "let me go all over your body" with your mom isn't a bonding experience, I don't know what is. These five people know me, my quirks, my faults, imperfections and idiosyncrasies. They accept me and love me wholeheartedly despite, and maybe even because, of all of that.

... I'm still hoping someone (not related to me) will sing "come away, my sweet. let's go make a family," with me. It's a duet, you know.

No comments: