Wednesday

Finally talked to my lolo and lola tonight. Really wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone because of a horrible morning, but I decided to suck it up and stop being a selfish twat.
They sound the same, even after god knows how many months since I've talked to them. Lola still sounds like she has a perpetual cold, and lolo was playing (surprise) mah-jonng when we called. He told me it was their golden anniversary this year.
"I can't believe I lasted fifty years with this woman," he told me, laughing. "Of course, she's probably thinking the same about me."

I could hear my lola in the background. She's maybe laughing along with him, or telling someone to cut up the lechon already. This past weekend, my mom bought mangoes from a Chinese store in Cleveland, but they can't even compare to the ones that fell from trees onto our roof back home.
It's hard to think of anything else but that.

No comments: