Monday

Guess who's coming to dinner

Had a killer headache that left me incapacitated from 10 am to 6 pm. It felt like sumo wrestlers were going at it on my forehead, and Michael Flatley was doing his Riverdance on my stomach. Around six, I decided to stop being pathetic/smelly/Vicks-vapor-rubbed, and shower, or, "warsh" myself. It worked wonders, because I feel a bit better. I still don't know what the hell is going on, but I figure it might have something to do with this insomniac business. Otherwise, I'm probably getting an aneurysm.

Keep hearing about places that are hiring, but the ones that intrigued me were Donatos and Dillards. Earlier, I confided with someone that I was thinking of working at Home Depot, and his response was: "Are you serious? You don't know what an awl is." (True, but I was thinking they have information sessions for that sort of thing.) I never applied because I don't know what the fuck I'd be doing in Home Depot, other than use my experiences as writing fodder.

Now, people are approaching me about jobs they hear about. This one thinks I'll be great at directing people to a table, the other one thinks I'll be wonderful at selling purses. Donatos, Dillards; pizzas, purses. In the end, it will all generate some mean ka-chingg, so I suppose it doesn't matter whether I don an apron or not.

Is it too late to sell some eggs?

No comments: