Tuesday

I'm taking names and making a list, or something like that

Massive amounts of chocolate apparently does not do me any good at 2 in the morning. Neither does a repeat listen of my current obsession (Sondre Lerche) and having a wonderful conversation with Shiv about hot Scottish men taking a shit and Jesse Bradford's pubes.

I was having a bad Monday morning today. I was in such a mood. It didn't make matters better when this loud, over-colognated man sat next to me on the bus. His friend was across from him, but for some reason, he kept talking into my ear. And he had the most ridiculous laugh. "Honk honk" it actually sounded, I swear. To top that off, I was craving Shriver burger and fries, but guess what? Campus Grill(e) was fucking closed! What the hell.

It all got progressively better when I went to look at the birthday/greeting cards in the bookstore. I don't know if anyone else does this, but I look through those to cheer me up. The Fresh Ink ones are especially effective. I ended up buying one for the 'rents. It goes:
OPEN THIS CARD (on the front cover)....NOW CLOSE IT AND LOOK AT THE BACK (on the inside)......HA! I KNEW IT! YOU'LL DO ANYTHING I TELL YOU TO DO! okay - now sign a blank check, put it in an envelope with your car keys and send them to me at ... (on the back).

How clever and fitting, I thought.

Now I must attempt sleep as I've a Linguistics exam tomorrow. It's not as bad as it sounds... really. I'm so damn optimistic I don't know what to do with myself.

No comments: