"YOUR LIFE IS ON THE LINE"
It is a rare thing for me to turn on the TV and voluntarily flip to CNN; it's even rarer to find that they have good news. Apparently, they have found a man in a white van and have taken him into custody. He was found near a phone booth. How glad is Mr. Schumacher that they did postpone the release of his movie?
The weekend at home was nice, although, as usual, entirely too short. I didn't get to go to Oberlin and visit its fine stores. I did pick up three enormous tomes (that's right, I said tomes), one being the complete works of Edgar Allan Poe... and the other two will have to remain in secrecy as they are Christmas presents. At least, they are at this point; I'm thisclose to just keeping them for myself. Don't you just hate buying something for someone else yet wanting it for yourself as well? And what the hell am I doing thinking of Christmas presents in fucking October? Ok, it's almost November. But still. What a mom.
I desperately need weatherproof shit for my shoes. My sister borrowed them this weekend and they were spotted, as in, there were marks on the suede, as in, they're starting to look like my first pair of suede shoes that is currently sitting in my closet at home because I can't bear to throw them out. I love those shoes. Which one, you ask? Both. All of them. I may not have as many shoes as my prodigiously endowed roommate, but God help me, I love them. Put it this way: given the choice between being armless (lifetime of vests and tanktops, unless I get prosthetic arms) or legless, I would choose the former. I could be one of those people who paint with their mouths or even feet, and I'm sure I'd make enough money out of the postcards I sell to Hallmark to buy me a decent pair of shoes. Besides, without my legs, how would I be able to break it down and do The Running Man each time I go out?
Exactly.
No comments:
Post a Comment