Monday

"Flowers are pretty, aren't they?"

I've always woken up randomly. It usually happens when I'm hoping for 5 hours of sleep by going to bed at 4am, not wanting to wake up until at least 9 or 10am. This past Saturday, I did exactly that. Except I was awakened at 8, not able to get back to sleep. So I flipped on the radio to the best station in the world, and settled back into bed.

Now let me preface all of this by saying: I know I'm a lucky bitch. I've usually gotten the winning Pepsi cap (25% off at the nearest Footlocker!). I've missed exams, to find out later that it was rescheduled to a later date. I meet some of the best people in the world and worship at their feet (especially one person in particular's homecookin'). But this little incident takes the cake:

A LIVE IN-STUDIO PERFORMANCE BY SONDRE LERCHE

let me say that again:

A LIVE IN-STUDIO PERFORMANCE BY SONDRE LERCHE!!!

Oh my goodness. I was practically hyperventilating. I don't think I can justify this obsession with words. At any rate, I sat in bed for the next hour in total rapture. I am a blessed, blessed child.

Today I spent four hours at the library. Then I spent the same amount of time on making the cover sheet for my research paper. It's all in the packaging, after all. Let's just hope Professor Ono is as easily amused.

Three days after The Realization (see previous entry), I saw him again at the computer lab. Of course, I've been informed he practically lives there. But I think I am over him. I just thought to myself: now there's a cute boy. Nothing else. I'm serious.

And if anyone can guess where the quote from my subject line is from, that will make my week.

No comments: