"Standing on the edge of feeling"
There's two different kinds of news tonight:
THE BAD.
1. The Puma trainers that I spotted on the internet for 30 bucks is out of stock.
2. I thought I would have a car by Thanksgiving. My mother assured me tonight that wasn't going to happen.
3. I haven't been sleeping well.
THE GOOD.
1. I got a B on my Linguistics exam (the one that was 10-pages long and ass-hard)
2. I will be seeing Jurassic 5 tomorrow night.
3. And Sigur Ros the day after.
4. I got my Moving Units 12" and it is so pretty.
So, really, the good outweighs the bad. But there's something else that I've been holding back.
I read somewhere today that venting about one's problems (i.e. in an email or letter) reduces stress and results in better health. I guess this is what this blog is slowly turning out to be, which I never wanted. I don't want to read back on some of these and see all the negative vibes that I had been feeling that day. So I guess an e-mail to Mumty is in order since I think she's the one who'd understand best.
We'll see.
I also feel that I shouldn't even complain. Things could be worse ... but I don't even want to think about that. I'm trying to be my own personal cheerleader, surrounding myself with cheesy '80s music (and singing along to it) and thick glossy magazines. And chocolate, there's always room for that. When I start turning to those little bottles of Jack Daniels is when I'd start worrying.
No comments:
Post a Comment