The Importance of Being Earnest
The Vines' concert is tonight. I can't go. No one to go with. Living in this Creed-infested town sucks my patoobie. I want school to start. Now. (though not until I raid Tar-shay for their sumptuous kitchen goodies...thanks for the tip hun)
I went out with a group of people last Sunday, one of them including this girl Stella. The thing, however, is she's not really a 'girl'. She's been married, divorced, has a real full-time job as a nurse anesthesist...in other words, she's a Grown-Up. Anyway, we were having a Music Conversation on the way to O'Dells. Now, I love having M.C.s as you all know, but not when the M.C.ee says something horrible that you have to fake an "Oh yeah? That's cool" when it's not. It's so not.
Stella: What kind of music do you like?
Me: Oh, you know, like rock and stuff.
S: Me too.
Me: And I love going to concerts.
S: Me too! But I can never find anyone to come with me.
(the awful truth of exactly why no one ever wanted to go with her, i discover later...)
Me: Really? I LOVE going to concerts too!
S: You know who I really love?
Me: Yeah?
S: Creed.
Me: Oh yeah? That's cool.
(pause)
I think they had a tour or something this summer, didn't they?
S: I think so too. I think they're coming back here, though.
(pause)
Me: You know who I'd love to see? The Strokes.
S: Who?
... and the rest is history.
But incompatible musical tastes aside, Stella is pretty cool. This just proves my point, though, that I'm concert-buddyless for the time-being. Don't get me wrong. I'd see Oasis or any other band I'd drop dead for by my fucking lonesome, but still... much more fun in being a drooling twosome (or, hey, threesome...heh)
Until then... please, please, PLEASE pray for my desperate soul. Creed is beginning to sound good.
No comments:
Post a Comment