To Sleep, Perchance, to Dream
The past three nights have been unbelievably horrible. Well, last night wasn't so bad considering I saw Brian of Guster play with actual drumsticks as opposed to his hands ... but still, I've been unable to sleep for god-knows-what reason. I was so bombed last night I dropped straight onto the floor, and sometime around 3, I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep again. So I turned on the telly and flipped between East Meets West on the Food Network and, yes, MTV. I wasn't in the mood to read one of the 400 books I've picked up this summer, I didn't feel like putting on music, although at some point during the night, I compiled about 30 songs that ranged from Cee-Lo to the Microphones, and listened to those while I ate Cheez-Its. On the floor. Next to a growing pile of laundry. You get the picture. I wish we had some apples or granola bars, maybe a sugar-free popsicle or popcorn so I could at least have healthy late-night food. Then again, isn't pure, unadulterated gluttony the point of late-night food? I remember once I had chicken wings (with blue cheese) around 3 in the morning. That sure did me over the next day. I should probably add: the blue cheese was expired. Erp!
I forgot the point of all this, a fact that was probably obvious by the second line of the first paragraph. Ah well.
No comments:
Post a Comment