Friday

A lot of things don't make sense

I rang in the New Year with 5 boys from Indiana, 2 folks from Chicago, an Enrique Inglesias fan and 1 very confused girl. The girl sat between one boy who proclaimed "the music of today sucks", who sang along to "TBO" (Turner Bachman Overdrive), the other boy talking with tobacco between his lower lip and gum, occasionally spitting into an empty beer can. She talked to them for about an hour about Frito Lay chips and Mario Lopez (Slater from Saved by the Bell). I don't think she's going to deny that she had fun, though. This girl likes weird people, especially if they coax her to sing "Horse with no name", even if she thinks she is tone deaf.

Red Bull and vodka is a delicious but potent mix. The fifth track on the David Gray album has nestled itself in the lodgings of my brain. Less than forty hours remain before I head back to school again. Traveling five hours in a car (miserable weather and all) is bearable with David Sedaris, white mystery Airheads and passing by a "hickory knockers" sign and finding it ridiculously amusing. A lot of things don't make sense, but I've got the rest of 2003 to suss it all out.

No comments: