Monday

|I say hello, you say goodbye| I don't understand the meaning of closure, probably because I've never really experienced it. I've left houses, towns, cities, a country, friends and family thinking this isn't the end, that I would be back again. It seems as if I've poured a big vat of amber over them, preserving them until I was ready to come back. But people have a funny way of moving on. Even if they still look the same, sound the same, that thin chord that stretched between us, connecting us, had snapped somewhere in between/along the lines.
What brought this on? The final episode of Ally McBeal. Yes, I cried buckets, which was a marked change from the X-files finale, wherein I was somewhat confused and disappointed. Not disappointed that they had shacked up, but rather that it ended, just like that. Like I said, I'm not good with endings...
... and just like that Belle&Sebastian song, I always cry at endings.

No comments: