Monday

Well, the BUG has finally caught up with me. It started in the office and has finally nestled itself in my throatal region ... ergh, I'm wiped like an ass.
Anyhoo, Remy Shand was splendid. The Odeon was set up like some jazz club, complete with cute little tables and red candles. Then this man came on stage in a tan beanie, cargo pants and a gray shirt, and he sat down behind the keyboard. At first I thought he was a roadie, but then he spoke into the mic, "Hi, I'm Remy Shand." No shit, he was totally unrecognizable. But he still blew my mind, ohhh baby you knows it. He did a kick-ass live version of "Mind's Eye", which is the song on the album that my roommate called "70's porn music".
It was mostly an older crowd, which I expected, but there was this one chick around my age. She was totally dancing, i.e. moving her limbs this way and that, shuffling back and forth, and twisting her head in the strangest positions. Not like I was some sort of glorified back-up singer. But anyway. Did I mention I'm sick? Yeah. I'm probably contagious too. And I drank so much tea over the past few days, not that I don't like that stuff, don't get me wrong. Ooh, last night though, we stopped by Mitchell's for some ice cream, yo. So good. Not good for my throat, but I'm hoping that if I abuse my tonsils long enough, I'll have to visit the emergency room to get it outta there ... just kidding! :)

No comments: