Tuesday

[:jennifer love hewitt, it's jollibee!!:] I have to explain: Jollibee is like McDonald's in the Philippines. It's a huge fast-food chain, apparently, it's a lot bigger than I thought because it's moved to other countries. Ohh, how I pine for their criss-cut fries...[salivates]
I also remember their commercials. They were the Hallmarks of Manila, the kind that made me teary-eyed, and also damned hungry (consequently, sappy cards do not make me hungry. they make me happy]. There was this particularly sappy commercial that I remember ...
A girl is sitting by the window, obviously waiting for someone. She sighs as she realizes that person is not coming. Then, cue music, her dad walks up the driveway [walk? where the hell's his Toyota? The pollution in Manila's gotta come from somewhere] with a Jollibee bag in hand. She rushes out, gives him a big hug, after taking the goodies, of course. And here's the words to the music that comes with it; while it may not mean much to anyone else, it was the key factor of the commercial: I love you Sabado, pati na rin Linggo, antay ka lang Jollibee, nandyan na ako!

No comments: