[:up ahead:] Truthfully, I am happy. I am. I keep telling myself to shake off all these fears I have of the impending summer. Because I really am excited that she's coming, that she's going to spend the entire summer with me and my family. I told her that she'd be like an adopted sister, or, even better, an exchange student from Buffalo, New York. Because we live in such different worlds, it would be quite a cultural experience, for her and for me. There is a lot she doesn't know about me, that I'd rather not tell her. I'm beginning to wonder if she's the same way, if she has any secret, tempestuous things about her that nobody else knows. I love talking on the phone to her, I've felt more comfortable with her, and talking on the phone in general, and it would make our situation less awkward. Previously, we barely kept in touch and it's such a marked change that we now talk to each other at least once a day.
But I'd be lying if I said I didn't have my fears, which she herself brought to my attention. Her grandma said, "Wouldn't living and working with her put a strain on your friendship?". And it would, it would. No matter how much of a great, wonderful sensitive person she is, I know that there would be days when I'd love to lock myself in my room and not deal with anyone. Hopefully she'd understand those days and things will continue smoothly when I open the door and let myself out.
No comments:
Post a Comment