my roots are showing. I'm seriously considering visiting Manila this summer. Or maybe just doggone moving back there. This ain't no April Fools' joke. My reasons for wanting to go back to that roach-infested swampland? I have this theory: I'm turning 21 this year, which is eventful in itself. But I feel like I can't move into adulthood without fully closing the door on my childhood. I feel like these past nine years, my life has been in a standstill, where I can barely make progress towards maturity because I've, literally, left a part of me back there in childhood (i.e. Manila). So in other words, going back would be closure for me.
Then there's the issue of: am I going to get suckered into staying there for longer? Sure the economy's bad but I admit, I have a heavily romanticized view of the Philippines right now. It's not exactly a cut-and-paste scenario. And every time I think more about this, it makes more sense to me...
No comments:
Post a Comment