...let's recap...
About a month ago, the VendaCard machine ate my dollar. This, in itself, is bad, but I had a paper due that same day, in like an hour. So I was stressing. I go to the help desk, fill out a form, and then, quite inconspicuously i might add, searched for loose change on the floor. Needless to say, I found fifty-five cents and my problem was solved...now all I had to do was write the damn paper...
A month later (yesterday), I get a call from the Gaskill people saying that they refunded my lost VendaCard and I could pick up a new one, on them. Of course, I go to pick it up after my Econ exam, feeling like my brain had somehow been mistaken for eggs and beaten mercilessly.
I headed to the help desk. First of all, I could barely string together a coherent sentence (yeah, that bad), so I could kind of understand the lack of comprehension on the girl's part. I go, "I'm here because I got a call from you guys, the machine ate my money and I'm here for the discount..." at which point, the girl goes, "Discount?", to which I respond, "Or whatever it's called, I don't know, like a replacement card..." and I keep rambling on, and the girl just looks at me like I'm fresh off the boat (which, by the way, I hate that expression), and finally, I just take out my ID and show it to her, like, "Me, ID, help." She takes out a fat binder, asks me my name (even though I had given her my ID), had to spell my name for her twice, and finally she looks through a stack of cards, and mine is on the bottom.
I walk back to the computer, and I just know that the girl turned to her friend, rolling her eyes at me...
...and that's my big fat venting story. Thank you, have a nice day.
No comments:
Post a Comment