Thursday

[:long days, short tempers:] Whooo, I stepped out my apartment this afternoon and was hit by a wave of hot air. I felt like I was in California.
But while I'm rejoicing the rise in humidity, I'm not so happy about the rise of something else: my temper. I'm sure this occurrence isn't limited to me -- you want to see road rage so scary it'll raise the hair on your legs, drive for an hour in Manila, coz you ain't gonna get far. For a while there, while I was on the bus home, everything and everyone was pissing me off. The group of loud, obnoxious guys waiting outside the Rec. The couple lovingly nuzzling each other's necks like deer picking ticks out of each other.
My problem, though, wasn't really with them. On a normal day, I wouldn't even care about those people. I'd probably check out the guys, and I'd tilt my head and smile to myself when I see the couple. But before I had stepped on the bus, I had unfortunately been reminded of something that I'd really not rather think about anymore. You know when you think you've buried something, like an old relationship or an addiction to Mexican food, it comes back later on and bites you in the ass? Exactly what happened to me.
Instead of dealing with that one person, my anger just transferred onto everything else that I came into contact with, which is not at all justifiable, I'm just saying. The sidewalks aren't the only thing the sun's heating up these days.

No comments: