Saturday

[:one HOT night ...:] I am amazed at how relatively calm I was when I met Guster. We came in with the meet-and-greet 97X winners, and we went behind the stage, and I was chatting with people, and when I turned, there was Ryan. I just went up to him and introduced myself, and no shit, he said, "Hey, you think Brian is cute!" ... and it doesn't stop there. I go on to meet Adam, who is even more handsome up close, and then I thought, well, when does Brian come out? And I turned again, and there he was. I went up to him and said, "Heyyy, we interviewed you!" (I know, how suave). He was so laid-back, in fact, everyone in the band was. Phantom Planet were less relaxed, but hell, Alex is so fucking hot I don't care. Anyway, so yeah, Guster totally read Amusement because Ryan was like "Yeah, I was reading it while I was takin' a shit ..." How sweet!
But the sweetest/most embarassing part was when Brian realized who I was and said, "So you think I'm cute, huh." But I remained my cool. I turned five shades of pink and asked him what they were doin' after the show. Now that would've been cool if I actually said that. It's okay, I got a picture with him and with Alex. Drool-o-rama, indeed.
The show was so awesome. During Howie Day's set, I got up to get SR's ticket signed and spotted Ryan watching the concert. He didn't have a pen but he said if I found one he'd totally sign it. So I kept walking towards the dressing room area, and ha, walked into the Guster dressing room. Unfortunately/thankfully there was no one there, but I did spot five copies of Amusement, Doritos, lots of fruit and Chips Ahoy. No fifteen-year-old groupies, bowls of hashish and water bongs. Guster passes muster, hehe.

No comments: